Monday, June 4, 2012

Awesome Sunday Morning

Frankie and I needed a day to ourselves after a decidedly detached and tired week, which resolved in a LOT of crying on my part the night before. Turns out I needed to mourn leaving our first home as a married couple, you know, for a couple of hours. Kind of snuck up on me.

So my puffy eyes stayed closed long after we should've been up for church, and we held each other in bed until I needed to eat so badly that I actually got light-headed while laying down (10:30am). Every time I opened my eyes, I couldn't focus--it was kind of like the spins after a night of drinking, but without the impending vomiting. I realized that we had eaten dinner a bit earlier than usual the night before (7pm instead of about 9), and that probably accounted for the extra symptom.

I eventually pulled it together, as Frank declared that he would be making pancakes, and I happily decreed that there should be chocolate chips involved. I went downstairs to retrieve ingredients--the kitchen doesn't quite have room for everything, so we've been bringing things up as-needed for various kitchen endeavors.
After going up and down the stairs exactly two times, I began to feel ill, and had to sit and eat a banana at the table, closely followed by a greek yogurt in bed, and a brief nap.

I awoke to the sight of my Franker, holding a short-stack. I managed to sit at the table with him, and eat the delicious whole-grain pancakes he made.
And by eat, I mean bite out all of the chocolate chips before I got too full :)

After also finishing my milk, I again retired to the bedroom with my radiohead Pandora station softly playing in the next room. I slept for three hours. It was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment