Wednesday, June 6, 2012

From Aunt Sissy

So. My sister. My children's future favorite Aunt. Made me this amazing book.

It may look like an ordinary scrapbook with a little boy with a moustache wearing a karate suit on the cover, but it is truly so much more than that.

It tells a tale of two young lovebirds who take a trip to Mexico. They had a lot of fun doing all sorts of things, and came back with a surprise!

"They hit pinatas and had fiestas, but something happened during one of their siestas..."
This lyrical gem then goes on to whimsy about all of the surprises this little surprise will bring with him, the preparations involved, and all of the fun to be had.

"Having a baby, it is a duty
but not as big as the one that comes out of its booty."
I laughed. I cried. Mostly I laughed. It's SO adorable, and I've never heard of anyone else having a homemade storybook about the conception and gestation of their first child (perhaps for a reason).

While out of the box, it was the perfect treat for a mommy and daddy-to-be. It's fun to know that she's daydreaming right along with us--projecting lots of finger painting, future science fair wins, and facial hair for our new little son.

Thanks Aunt Sissy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment