Saturday, June 2, 2012

5 Months, growing slowly

I know you looked at that restorative fish thing and were like--where's her belly?

The arch the pillow puts in your back makes everything retreat, so here is a picture of me on this same day, standing up:

Everyone says I'm carrying small for five months. I've only gained 8 pounds so far (I started at 153, and am now at 161). Must be the yoga...or the 4 months of nausea.

Truth be told, even though my appetite is coming back, I'm trying as often as I can to make a conscious effort to be healthy. They sayy that once the baby gets some tastebuds going (early in the second trimester) amniotic fluid tastes different every day, and they can be conditioned to like the things that you're eating, whether it's oreos, cheeseburgers, carrots or kale.

Even in my first trimester, I was lucky enough to be able to eat a lot of fruit (more than usual even) without issue. I've been favoring dairy products and vegetarian options most often lately, but not deliberately. I've added some red meat back in, but still haven't tried any fish. [I also hate chicken right now. No matter how tender and juicy anyone else would percieve it, it always, always tastes dry to me. And mostly just bad.]

In light of my current habits, I'm kind of hoping this holds true, and maybe I won't get a picky eater. I do have kind of a nasty snowball habit forming, but hey, if the kid's going to grow up in Maryland, he might as well preview a few flavors.


Nom nom--cherry with shmushmellow!

No comments:

Post a Comment