Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Garage Sale Find!

How cute, right? It's a wooden car ramp with a metropolitan twist! $2 at a garage sale in my new neighborhood.

I know it's early to be buying toys, but I just loved the look of this thing, and figured it could be decorative until the right time.

Because it's a wooden toy, I was worried it might be very old and have some toxic element to it (it's amazing how unwillingly conscious of danger your mind becomes), but I was pleasantly surprised to find a Melissa and Doug stamp on the side, and it was a no brainer after that. They make sturdy, creative toys, many of which happen to be wooden.

I'm excited about the idea of finding things second hand, and in good shape. I was always a thrift shopper in college, and while I haven't used Value Village as my primary clothier in some time, I'm still quite fond of finding a good bargain.

I'm thinking that I may become a garage sale junkie--starting simple in my neighborhood, possibly hawking some estate sales as I gain experience, and then advancing to buying a large hatchback vehicle (perhaps off of someone's lawn) and scouring 6 different county newspapers weekly. None of my kids' clothes will match, and we'll have hundreds of Golden Books that only cost a nickel a piece. Familial bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment