Friday, July 13, 2012

Frank's Alien Encounter

So there we were, lying in bed, settling in for the night--when the baby starts his nightly routine of actively kicking and rolling around for a half hour. We were both feeling my stomach, laughing and being impressed with how strong and active he is already, speculating what it'll feel like two or three months from now.

Before I know it, Frank has drifted off to sleep with his hand on my belly.

While I marvel over/think jealous thoughts of how quickly and easily he gets to pass out, Theo thumps me again, and Frank springs awake as if from a very short nightmare, startled and panting. I am laughing at this point, half at the strange spot the baby kicked me (sometimes it kind of tickles, like when someone pokes you in your side), and half at my husband.

"JEEZE, he is really kicking in there. Ohhh my gosh, that scared the crap out of me."

My guess is he was expecting to wake up to something like this:
Luckily, not the case--just another restful night in slumberland.

No comments:

Post a Comment