Friday, July 6, 2012

Destination Maternity

I'm sure shopping in New York has the potential to be more fun than it was for me on this trip. Why bother torturing myself by walking into some boutique full of brightly colored, formerly-flattering frocks, when any purchace I would make would be out of fashion by the time I got to wear it?

I ignored most store signage, unless I noted that they only sold accessories. Besides, shopping is tiring when you're not pregnant, and I needed to conserve energy.

There was only one sign that drew me inside (and it wasn't Geox):
And rightly so! I have to admit I was quite enamored. It was kind of a wonderland--and somehow much less stuffy feeling than the mall versions of Motherhood and Pea in the Pod.
Holler atcha girl--a saleswoman walked right up to me, and offered me juice! Mama like!
And shortly thereafter, she offered me a free arm and hand massage :) don't mind if I do.
Of course, you're being sold products throughout your bout of relaxation, but it was still nice to sit and chill for a few minutes. Frank was offered a massage too, but decided to pass.

Every time I picked an item off the rack, someone found me, and delivered it to my dressing room, so I didn't have to carry anything, except my juice.

I left the store with two pairs of pedal-pusher leggings (equipped with bands of course), a really cute top, and some free snacks for the road! I felt great, and super happy to get a special preggy-shopping experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment