Friday, July 6, 2012

Mine v. Mama Mio's

I did end up buying a Mama Mio product--Lucky Legs--after hearing that in addition to revitalizing your legs, that it also feels great on your lower back (IT DOES), and can relieve some sciatic pain, which I was having a TON of at this point in the trip. It has a great, menthol-y feeling, without the warm weirdness of icy-hot. It's specifically for pregnant ladies, so no worries about the ingredients.
Also of note: the skin therapy oil pictured is some that I had purchased a week or so before. I told the woman I was using it when she asked if I had any belly balm-type product I was using. Upon hearing I used a Palmer's product, she mentioned that she doesn't really recommend them, because it has cocoa butter (mine has it as the fifth ingredient) in it, and your skin can absorb some caffeine. Also, she said that while it helps to moisturize, it's not helpful for skin elasticity. She added that it has a canola oil base (true), and it's "not a very clean oil"--whatever that means.

She's selling her stuff, so I'm not sure how marginal the effect of mine vs hers would turn out to be. All I know, is that my midwife group said that my oil was totally fine to use (and it was only ten bucks). I really like it, and plan on continuing to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment