Saturday, June 30, 2012

Belly gawker

We're currently on a train to NYC for our double birthday/anniversary vacation celebration. I have of late been noticing that people in public have been staring at my growing belly--in the bathroom, in restaurants, while I walk down the street.

As I shared this observation with Frank in the dining car over a ginger ale, I suggested we play a game to demonstrate the extent of my visual gravity on the way back to our seats 3 cars back. I have since titled this game "belly gawker".

It's simple. You walk past a bunch of people, preferably those facing you, and see how many of them succumb to the urge to oogle your lovely baby lump.

Frank walked behind me, and counted EIGHT Belly Gawkers in the very first car we traversed. I was cracking UP through the whole second car, where there were three more. Frank was entertained, and intrigued.

Should be fun on the streets of New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment