Thursday, June 28, 2012

Baby furniture adventure, Part 2

THIS...is what happened.

Frank called me from around the corner--"Carla, I think you need to come look at this."

I followed the sound of his voice, not expecting much, as we'd already seen ninety-percent of the bedding and furniture on exhibition in the enormous floor display, and I had yet to be wowed.

And then there were turtles.
I stuck out my bottom lip, placed my hands on my own cheeks, and began to well up. This reaction was similar to when I found my wedding dress, although this was much less expected, and somehow much more emotional. I didn't know baby bedding was supposed to have that effect.

Although, maybe it was the lamp that really got me.
I had a previous vision of bright, solid colors with a few character-filled accent pieces--reds, oranges and greens, the occasional blue or yellow, but alas, I fell for the motif that I swore months before that I never would. As you know, I have a pet turtle, and didn't want to succomb to being "the turtle people", but then again I think just having a turtle gets that done, so what did we have to lose, really.
 

It was so easy and sweet to picture putting our baby to sleep in a room like this, even with the framed pricing sheet resting on the mattress. It took me a good ten minutes to fully recover from the [very slow] truckful of sentiment that ran over me.

Funny how much the same, I pictured my wedding dress to have some sort of lace top, and a straight skirt with a small train, and it was nothing of the sort. It was strapless, which I swore I would never go with, with a tulle skirt. Go figure.

I guess lots of unexpected things happen to work out perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment