Thursday, June 28, 2012

Baby Furniture Part 3

After spending over three hours in Great Beginnings, we had 2 finalists for furniture, and by the time we got home, we decided on this set:

Although the pictures don't show it, these do match. They were also on sale, which I am never opposed to. We had some generous help in buying them, and were able to have them delivered this past week!!
This is a third piece we picked up--it's a mounted flip-top changing table (that still needs a pad cover). Maybe I'm missing something, but I've always found it strange that almost every single changing table is designed to change a baby from the side instead of from the front. I have never once seen a parent change a diaper from the side when it wasn't on a changing table, which leads me to believe it's not very convenient, and I didn't want to pay for something that would inconvenience me.

This flip-top allows for both versions, if necessary, and can be folded away when it's not being used.
Makes sense to me! Plus, it can be removed by loosening four screws on the back of the dresser. So functional.

Frank came home after the furniture was all settled in the room, and went on this hilarious mock-angry riff in a deep sort of voice while doing king in the castle arms:
"Baby, whai don' you go to sleep? I'm so tired, rah rah rah"
He's a natural--all it took was some quality furnishings.


3 comments:

  1. I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable information with your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same flip top changing table and LOVE it, but I can't find it anymore to refer. Do you have the name of manufacturer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if I was crazy! it is my first baby but I keep seeing those side changin tables, and only them! and was wondering if i was the only one thinking this... I'm glad somebody else mention it!! how weird! what's up with all those changing tables from the side! where did you get the folding top changin table, it seems great! thank you!

    ReplyDelete