Friday, March 9, 2012

Better than Mozart

Awesome news for the whole Padilla family--Frank got 3 admissions for the price of 2 (baby's comin' with!) to the June 3 RADIOHEAD SHOW! We got great seats (yes, chairs) just far enough away to not be blown away by subwoofers, but still a great spot to see the stage, and sit when necessary. I am SO EXCITED I am actually laying down while I type, because my stomach is still a bit overcome by the news.

This was the second presale day--Radiohead had one on their website yesterday that went live 10 and a half hours later than it was supposed to, but still sold out in 0.3 seconds--at exactly the time when Frank was on his way to work, and I was taking a shower. Womp, womp.

Today's was on the Live Nation mobile app, and required a password. Frank got tickets right away at 10am when the "find tickets" button finally appeared. However, they were General Admission (floor standing room/mosh pit) tickets, which would NOT be ideal for a lady who's five months pregnant, so he threw them back, and was having trouble getting tickets that were actual seats.

He probably searched about 25 times, silently tapping at his phone, decoding those smeary letter things over and over, eyes on the prize, determined that tickets would be re-cycling soon. Nothing, nothing, nothing [I give up and lay down], nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, PERFECT TICKETS. PERSISTANCE PAYS OFF!

After we got up and danced pretty much just like this:

...we had a quick celebratory make-out session, and Frank went off to work with a frat-boy "WHOOOO!" as he went out the door. I sipped Gatorade and finished half a bagel to compose myself, and then grabbed the computer to share the good news.

Forget the classical music--Thom Yorke is going to make my baby a GENIUS. He or she (we'll know by then!) will be swimming in my tummy with Weird Fishes in its functioning little baby ears, just about the time it starts recognizing our voices and starts busting dance moves that I can actually feel.

I assume the dance moves will look something like this on an ultrasound:

No comments:

Post a Comment