Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Snoooogle

I was introduced to a baby and mom consignment shop in Columbia called Greenberries. They have all kinds of used stuff--baby clothes, maternity clothes, bouncers, strollers, toys, and pack-n-plays, whatever people bring--and some unused, generally innovative or eco-friendly gear.

Frank and I opted to check it out on our day off--it was a lot of fun, and very un-scary compared to some stores. There are people with babies slung around them all over the store, and they're all talking to each other and bopping around going--ooh, this is neat. It's a well-organized space, and it has to be--it's full as it is, and you can see tons of freshly-dropped bags through a doorway in the back. It seems a lot comes in, and a lot goes out.

We don't need a whole lot right now--we're (very) slowly adding things to a registry on Amazon.com, and honestly, we're kind of holding out to find out what we're having (May 16th!!!) to put a lot of stuff on there. We've just really enjoyed looking at stuff together, but I did find one item I was fascinated with and wanted pretty badly--it's called a Puj Tub. It's a flat-storing peice of nice, light foam with these awesome coated magnets in strategic spots. You fold the corners in, and the magnets secure a nice, soft sink insert for your baby to lay in for a bath!


Back to what I do need right now: I'm starting to notice different kinds of strains on my body while I sleep--like when I lay on my stomach, it kind of feels like I'm laying on a lump of some sort (hmm...). Because of this, I tend to retreat to my back, which is not reccomended much at all past the fourth month, because apparently your own weight crushes a big vein under your uterus and blocks bloodflow back to your heart. No big whoop.

I need to train myself to sleep on my side, but it just hasn't been very comfortable as of late. Good thing I met my new best friend...the Snoogle. It was half the price it would've been online, and came with this cute little organic cotton bird cover.

If you think I was good at sleeping before...I'm like Olympic competition at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment