Friday, February 10, 2012

That's what I said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKxx5QC0ewc here's the song referenced in the blog title, just in case you're above the age of immaturity and don't know about it.


So! I'm pregnant. I'm 25, married and financially stable. Protestant, non-smoker, casual drinker (NOT NOW, sheesh), fairly health conscious, but not a total freak. We didn't exactly have this planned for convenience (more on that later), but we are SUPER excited!


In case you forgot how babies were made, it usually starts with a trip to Mexico.


Got the positive pee-stick on Tuesday, threw up breakfast on Wednesday and started reading furiously on Thursday! YAY!


About why this is less than ideal (but I am positive will still be amazing and exciting) timing is that I will be due extremely close to my best friend's wedding date (October 12th, 2012), in which I am the maid(en) of honor. There will be MUCH pre-planning, and much empire-waist dress hem to tend to. We'll see what the good doctor says next week about exact timing, but I'm sure (/hoping and praying) that everything will fall right into line.


Other than that little snafu, no I don't think 25 is too young to have a kid, and I especially won't when I'm back to my smokin-hot school weight while you're all worrying about squeezing in your last world travels and job promotions (self-righteous scoff).


I seriously don't mean anything by that, but it will be a comforting thought when I start to gain a pound a week.


...And I will admit, even though no one knows yet, it is an alienating feeling to know that we only know one other couple with a kid (and they live 300 miles away). It's just not the super norm anymore to marry and pop out kids within a year or two, which I understand. I'm still psyched, but for some reason I'm already looking forward to having more friends that can relate down the road. Tip of the hat to our trailblazers, Ryan and Catherine up in NY with their adorable little Amelia. You're even braver than we gave you credit for.


By the time almost anyone's reading this, I've probably been journaling for a week, have already been to the doctor, been told everything is ____, and have started telling more than just Frank and I's immediate family, which is perhaps when you heard about this series of entries. I'm hoping to keep up with this every day now that it's up--there may be a picture here and there, probably more when I start blooming into a pregant flower.


Be prepared for a violent learning process--that's what I'm predicting, and this thing is for me, so you will largely learn what I learn.


I heard there's poop.
Saddle up friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment