Monday, July 23, 2012

To the Beach! Part 1: the Boardwalk

I went to the beach in Ocean City with some awesome friends this past weekend. Due to a scheduling snafu, Frank was unable to go, but luckily, these weren't just any friends--they were tried and true college softball buddies. When you spend 20 hours a week with certain people for 4 years, and you're not all slaving at a desk, you kind of learn to take care of each other.

They were all super nice to me--I forewarned them ahead of time that I would need to stop and rest on the boardwalk at fairly small increments. They were unbothered and happy to oblige. As a bonus to all, we were able to sample all kinds of healthy treats at most stops. Polish Sausage, fried candy bars, lemonade, funnel cake, popcorn and french fries!

Here's a super-flattering picture of me with an easily-shelved Thrasher's French Fry cup:
 Betwixt all of our snacking, we found ourselves embarking on yet another adventure together. One that required voluntarily forsaking ones pride, and succumbing to fierce peer pressure from one relentless, very tall and very excited team member, who continually reminded us that "It's only like 12 dollars a person, and we're making memories."
 I can't say I've ever before participated in one of these fool pictures, but I daresay it was worth what we paid for these priceless family snapshots. It was hilarious, really.

The photographer had this super cute idea at the end of our 7-photo session--here's what it turned out like:
"Awww look at the polka-dotted basketball!"

Love it, love it, love it. In addition to enjoying the generality of this keepsake, I think bloomers may become a pregnancy trend someday--they're wildly spacious.

No comments:

Post a Comment